Use of the Speak Languages website and apps is subject to the following terms.
Speak Languages may update these terms from time to time. Any changes are effective from the date they are posted on our website, so please review this page regularly.
Membership of Speak Languages is open to individuals thirteen years of age or older.
When creating and maintaining your account, you agree to supply accurate information. Attempting to impersonate another person or otherwise misrepresent yourself is prohibited.
You are responsible for keeping your account details secure, and agree to be held responsible for any activity which occurs under your account. Your account should not be shared with others.
Accounts may not be sold or otherwise transferred to others.
Speak Languages reserves the right to terminate accounts for any reason, and without prior notice. In the event your account is cancelled or terminated, Speak Languages may delete any information or content linked to your account. We accept no liability for the loss of any such information.
Speak Languages aims to provide a pleasant and enjoyable environment for language learners to learn and meet. Any use of our services which is antisocial or illegal will not be tolerated and your account will be closed without notice.
In particular, you agree not to:
- promote any commercial product, service, event, or website
- send spam, chain letters, or any other message which is likely to cause annoyance or distress to the recipient
- collect or harvest data on our users, or information posted by them, for any purpose
- solicit personal information from any user under the age of eighteen
- post obscene, violent, or otherwise objectionable material
- post copyrighted material, except where you are the copyright holder
- post material which is libellous, or otherwise infringes on the rights of any other person, including the right to privacy
- post the phone numbers, email addresses, or street addresses of any individuals, including your own
- use automated scripts or software to access our website or apps
- use our services in any way which places an excessive burden on them or in any way hinders their smooth operation
Speak Languages may monitor use of our services to ensure compliance with these terms.
Any suspected illegal activity will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
Ownership of content
The content of the Speak Languages website and apps, excluding content submitted by users as described below, belongs to Speak Languages and is protected by copyright law. This includes all text, images, audio clips, and code published as part of our products and services.
We are happy for users to print off pages from our website on condition that this is for non-commercial purposes only and that the web address of each page is included in the printout.
If you would like to reproduce or reuse our content for any other purpose, please contact us and we will consider your request.
Within the Speak Languages website and apps, opportunities exist for users to contribute content, for example by creating a personal profile. You continue to own the copyright in any material you submit. However, by submitting such content, you grant us a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to publish, use, and modify your content in any medium.
We reserve the right to delete or amend any content you submit, or messages you send through our services, for operational or editorial reasons.
As we expect our own copyright rights to be respected, we also respect the rights of others. If you believe your intellectual property has been infringed in any way, please contact us and we will do our best to resolve your complaint.
From time to time Speak Languages may send you messages by email relating to your account or other information regarding our services. By signing up to Speak Languages you consent to receive such communications.
We won't share your details with third parties, except if required to do so by law, for example for the purposes of law enforcement.
If you choose to use our website or apps, you do so at your own risk. Our services are provided “as is” and “as available”. We make no claims as to their fitness for a particular purpose, or the accuracy of any content.